"Health equity is achieved when every person has the opportunity to attain his or her full health potential and no one is disadvantaged from achieving this potential because of social position or other socially determined circumstances.”
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Resources from Live Healthy Lane Partners:
- Lane County: Community Resiliency Toolkit - A toolkit with extensive resources to improve equity, access to resources, and community resiliency in Lane County
- LaneKids: Talking About Race - An extensive list of anti-racism resources focusing on how to talk to children about race for parents and educators
- Siuslaw Vision: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Page - A selection of DEI resources for vision projects and community building efforts
Equity Language Guides:
Using Personal Pronouns:
Being an Ally and an Anti-Racist:
Taking Action with Local Organizations
- Basic Rights Oregon: ensure that all lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer Oregonians experience equality by building a broad and inclusive politically powerful movement, shifting public opinion, and achieving policy victories.
- Centro Latino Americano: provides support, resources, and translation services for Latinx residents of Lane County
- Community Alliance of Lane County (CALC): CALC addresses the struggle for racial justice, immigrant rights, economic justice and educational equity and opposing heterosexism, anti-Semitism and other isms, as well as challenging war, militarism and the drive for global hegemony, seeking to define true security as everyone having decent housing, education, food, work and health care.
- Eugene Human Rights Commission: The mission of the Human Rights Commission is to promote implementation of universal human rights values and principles in all City of Eugene programs and throughout the wider community.
- Lane County: Local Black-Owned Business Directory - support local Black-owned businesses throughout Lane County
- NAACP Lane County: The mission of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) is to ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of rights of all persons and to eliminate race-based discrimination.