About the Rural Health Equity Project
Supporting rural Lane County communities through community engagement and building capacity for addressing health inequities
- Build capacity for addressing health disparities related to race, geography, and income in Lane County.
- Support rural Lane County communities through community partnership and collaboration.
- Center the voices and lived experiences of rural community members in decision-making.
- Use information and relationships formed from the project to inform future community health investments and efforts - ultimately reducing health disparities in rural Lane County communities.
- South Lane - Cottage Grove
- Upper Siuslaw River Region
(Mapleton, Deadwood, Swisshome)
Our Pilot Communities were selected based on their health and education data, feedback from rural community partners and equity advisors, and existing rural partnerships with these communities.
We hope to expand the project to other rural Lane county communities as part of the '21-25 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHP) once our pilot project is completed with these 2 communities.